As a seller, there are five questions you should ask an agent before they list your home:
- Will they hire a professional photographer? As you may know, 90% of all buyers find their home online, so if your home doesn’t have great photos, you won’t have great showings, which will lead to a longer time on the market.
- Will they hire a professional stager to help you depersonalize your home and give it that “wow!” factor?
- Will they hire a professional cleaning crew to clean your home and help prepare it for showings?
- Will they hire a professional appraiser to measure the home’s square footage and make sure it’s accurate?
- What is their follow-up plan? How do they plan on following up with prospective buyers who call in and ask for details about the home and agents who showed the home who might have interested buyers? You need to know their follow-up plan so they’re not just hoping the home sells.
If you have any more questions about what to ask an agent before they listing your home or you have any other real estate needs, don’t hesitate to reach out to us. We’d be glad to help you.